Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Using Toothpicks to Keep the Eyes Open

Do you remember watching little kids fight the sleep that is trying to overtake them? Their little heads bob up and down, but then all of the sudden they start bouncing off the walls, and then get a bit whiney. Soon they are back to head bobbing and refusing to go to bed because, “I not sweepy, mommy.” Eventually they do fall asleep.

This is what I feel like, I am trying not to be whiney and if anyone said it was time to go to bed I would not disagree. My response would be, “Where’s the bed?” as I looked around for the most comfortable spot to lie down.

I am trying to be peppy and semi-funny, anything to keep my energy level up so that I don’t crash. I must be annoying my co-workers because I am almost annoying myself. Luckily, my co-workers will knock me upside the head if I get to annoying. It is great to have such true friends that watch out for you…at least I think they are looking out for me? Hmmmm…I will have to give that some more thought.

Anyway, I am trying not to fall asleep at my desk. I have the music cranked up, the fan on, and I am being ridiculously excited about trivial things.

So why am I so sleepy? Because it is RAINING, again!!!! I like to snuggle into my bed and listen to the pitter patter of the rain coming down, so my body is trying to fall back into that habit. Problem: I am at my desk at work not at home in my bed. So come’ on body stay awake for a couple more hours and then I will put you to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment