Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Those Little F*$%^ing B@s!@rd$


...is the affectionate name I have for the Japanese Beetles that are living on my plants. Normally I wouldn't be swearing over a small bug, but those "small" bugs do some major damage. The little suckers are eating the leaves off of morning glories, and devouring the rose petals from my roses! So I have declared war upon them!!!

If you drive by my house and see me in my office attire shaking the plant leaves or the plant itself, cupping my hand and then throwing the contents down on the ground after shaking it really hard, similar to rolling dice at the craps table, and then jumping up and down where I just threw the contents of my hand; you will know I was just going through my method of helping the Japanese beetles into another life. This method may not be the best way to eradicate the beetles but it sure makes me feel good! :)

I have used the insecticide, Sevin, with great results but the F*$%^ing B@s!@rd$ started in on my Basil and I can't use Sevin on that. So I continue to do my little dance. And if you happen to see me, just give a honk and a wave while shaking your head at my strange attempt to seek revenge on a shiny, green, rose petal eating, morning glory destroying bug! And if you have any better methods for moving them along please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment