Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tasty Kitchen

The Pioneer Woman, a blog that I recently found and immediately fell in love with , has started a new recipe website, Tasty Kitchen. Her tag line is Favorite Recipes from Real Kitchens. Basically real food for real people.


I have already looked through some of the recipes and I have a few that I am taking home and going to try. I would love to say I am going to try them tonight but I know me, and cooking involves dishes. (I really need to learn more about Aluminum Foil cooking.) Maybe, I will try them this weekend when there is more than just me to eat the creation. Actually I should plan a get together with my friends, maybe a cookout. Then I could try a bunch of new recipes. Hmmm...I will have to work on that!

Tasty Kitchen has been set up to be a networking and forum website for those that are interested in good food. Being a good cook is not a prerequisite. Thank goodness! The skill levels are described from Fast Food Fetcher to Professional Chef. I decided to rank myself as Home Cook in Training. Because I did, afterall, make this beautiful Jell-o Mold:


I plan on posting some recipes, proven recipes, that were handed down to me. Hopefully my skill level will improve as I cook and bake more. Keep your fingers crossed.

As a side note, this is a new site so she is still working out some glitches. Because nothing is ever perfect until you have 20 million people looking through it and even then something acts up. :)


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment