Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Happiness

Early this week I tried to plea with Apollo to bring the sun out from behind the clouds here in Kentucky. It seems he didn't hear my plea because we are still getting rain. Even though the Greek god didn't hear me, someone did! My sunflowers heard my cry for the golden orb in the sky, so they stuck their beautiful heads out as a way to entice the sun to shine. Thank you Sunflowers, you are bringing a smile to my face.


Only one has bloomed so far, it looks like some of the others are not far behind.


Sunflowers bring me joy and happiness. Everytime I see a sunflower either in a vase, a field or in a picture it just brightens my day. Their yellow petals are like a big sign pointing the way towards happiness. I love those kind of signs!

I saw this beauty when I got home last night after a tough day. Talking on the phone with my mother watching the drizzle outside, I looked towards the garden and this yellow friend was a shining beacon. My day transformed immediately. The crap that happened at work was forgotten.
Sunflowers = Happiness!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment