Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th and my First Harvest

Happy Fourth of July!

I am headed to a friend's house in the country for a barbecue and fireworks. Her husband is a fireman and does a wonderful job each each year with their fireworks display. Wouldn't it be interesting and a little terrifying if neighbors had fireworks display competitions like they have Christmas light competitions? Probably it is a good thing the big stuff are banned in the city.


I quickly watered my garden this morning before I left the house and guess what I found? My first cucumber!! Actually my first six! My first harvest! I was so excited that I was practically floating. Since it is the Fourth and I am headed to a BBQ I thought I would share my bountiful harvest. So half of the cucumbers got sliced up and are floating in an apple cider vingear and sugar mixture. Just enough tang to make them enjoyable.


I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Fourth of July!



Thank you to all of the past, present and future service men and women!




No comments:

Post a Comment