Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Stormy Tuesday

We just got a huge storm here at the Kentucky Horse Park!! The sky was dark and ominous, making work that much more exciting. A few of us stood at the window watching the storm blow in, because the best place to be in a storm in next to a second story window...or not.

The rain starting coming down in sheets, making it a great day to have stayed home in bed enjoying ice cream and t.v. Unfortunately I was still at work and there wasn't much chance of me heading home to enjoy the storm. That's okay, I got to enjoy it at the office. And it got real interesting quick.

The wind and rain were strong enough that water came in from the windows and links developed throughout the building. We were grabbing up trashcans to collect as much water as we could. Luckily, the leaks were small and everything was under control.

Now we are hearing reports of flooding in the area, so drives home tonight are going to be a little haphazard. I am just hoping my normal 10 minute commute doesn't end up being 45 minutes if I have to take the long way around. Keep your fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment