Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Have they come and gone yet?

Boy, those storms yesterday sure were doozeys! The office shook and rattled with the pelting of rain. We got reports that Louisville was flooded and we were supposed to get similar amounts of rain. Luckily, we the weathermen missed their mark. I was concerned about a few low spots near the river along my road home. This was where getting off late from work pays off, the water had receded and there was no oncoming traffic when I needed to get in the opposite lane to pass high water.




The pasture in front of my house was now a "pond". Too bad it didn't come stocked with fish, I could of had a really good fish dinner. Willow enjoyed our temporary "pond", she is half-lab and that water-lovin side comes out even if there is only a drop of water on the ground.




The poor darlin' didn't understand when I wouldn't let her come in the house after her swim. If it had only been water, she could have stayed in the mud room/breakfast room. But since the "pond" was really a pasture it was marshy and muddy, so in turn, Willow was muddy. She went from being a yellow pup to a brown pup. At least she was happy.

Surprisingly Kody didn't take a dip. He normally heads for the water just as fast as Willow. I think the impending storm had him heading for the house instead of the "pond".



At least towards the west the sky was looking better. But it looks like we will be getting some more rain as the days go on. I think I will get my floaties ready!











No comments:

Post a Comment