Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Noo Shoos

Have you ever experienced love at first site? I have and it was with a wonderful pair of suede ballerina slippers that I found this weekend! They fit my foot like a kid glove. When I wear them I feel happy and buoyant, and feel I could conquer the world.


What is it about the perfect pair of shoes that can make a person fell alive? Whether they are 4 inch heels, flats, flip flops or sneakers, a new pair of shoes brings joy...at least to me. It all started at a very young age...


My mother has told this story about me and a pair of new shoes for as long as I can remember and to whom ever will listen. It seems that when I was just learning to talk and walk, my parents took me to get a good pair of shoes at the local Buster Brown's in South Point, Ohio. When I walked out of the store with my wonderful new shoes, I was fascinated by them. We walked along the sidewalk and everyone I met along the way I would stop, look at them, point at my shoes and in my sweetest voice say "Noo shoos!".

Mom says it was just adorable, I will have to take her word on it. To this day when I mention that I bought a pair of new shoes, whether it is a swanky pair of hears or everyday flip flops Mom will recite, "Noo Shoos". And me being the ham that I am, will repeat this time honored phrase. We have also used the phrase when my horse got two new pairs of aluminum shoes.

All this talk of new shoes has been yearning for another pair...hmmm, looks like shopping could be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment