Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Not Me

Moving into a new house has its pluses and minuses. The main plus is major purging. The big, and I mean big minus, of moving is starting over on my garden.

My old garden wouldn't have been in any magazines or won any awards but it was mine. I loved it. I selected each plant. Some were clearance cast offs, others were impluse purchases.

I don't know what is already planted in the beds. So I have to wait and see what comes up. Luckily I am living in the artist cottage on an historic estate that employs a full time gardener. Wonderful things are coming up this spring. Lilac bushes, Wisteria, Lillies of the Valley and flowering trees. It is beautiful and smells like heaven.

All these gorgeous plants are coming up and I had nothing to do with it. The Gardner in me can't believe I am saying this, but I kind of like having this beauty surround me and I didn't have to do a thing.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. What lovely wisteria! I just planted some and hope it does well. Happy spring, Okie girl!

    ReplyDelete