Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Ark is Built

We have had so much rain that I have built my ark and I'm ready to go.  Thunderstorms keep knocking us around here in the bluegrass, so much so that my nerves are on the verge.  Being from Oklahoma I am used to intense thunderstorms and tornadic activity.  But these last few weeks have put all that experience to shame.

Now every siren I hear puts me on high alert.  A plane flying to close to the ground makes me think a tornado is forming. And the rain is washing away my topsoil, creating bogs in the lawn and making every pair of pants I own take on a new mud splattered look. 

Probably needless to say, I haven't really done any gardening.  I have plants and vegetables that I want in the ground but if I did people in Tennessee would be the ones able to grow them after having floated away. My windowsills are full, and I am afraid that either a dog's tail or a cat will knock the plants over.  I am living on borrowed time. 

My gardening in on hold, for now.  If this rain doesn't let up I WILL figure out a way to grow my plants hydroponically with this standing rain water.

No comments:

Post a Comment