Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunflowers are such a Happy Flower

The plants I have started from seeds are coming up. Guess which ones were the first ones that sprouted? You got it...my cucumbers. Not really a curprise. I have started two varieties. One is a pickling cucumber, therefor supposed to be smaller and the other is a big eating cucumber. I am hoping to be pickling a lot this year or at least live off of my cucumers.


My peppers, herbs, and beans are coming up. I haven't planted corn, carrots or sunflowers yet. I did put some sunflowers in a pot that will sit on my front porch and they have started to come up. I used the shorter variety, they only grow to 4-5 feet.


Sunflowers are such a happy flower. I would love to plant more sunflowers than what I already do, I just haven't located the right spot yet. A few seeds were added to my front garden with the cosmos and zinnias. This is my "tall" flower garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment