Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ahh..Spring

Even though we are having chilly temperatures here in Lexington, some of my perennials are opening up. My clematis’ vines have been growing like mad, with their buds numbering in the hundreds, okay slight exaggeration, maybe 100. This weekend the first clematis’ opened up to the sun. The dainty little flowers, compared to my dinner plate size clematis, just started to open when the bees took advantage of their pollen. Soon I should be seeing the rest of my vines bloom. I am giddy with anticipation.




My clematis wasn’t the only thing blooming this weekend. Some late flowering tulips opened up.




And my little violas keep producing these gorgeous miniature flowers that greet anyone that comes to my door.



Ahhh…spring, how I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment