Tending to my garden and my life; nurturing each day to see what unfolds.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's Get Started

This is my first entry on this site. I have written a few entries elsewhere for other reasons, but the format never seemed to work. So I thought I would give this site a try. It seems to be working well for a bunch of other people, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for me.

I am sitting at my desk in Lexington looking outside at the impending rain and thinking whether I really want to go through with my plans for tonight. I promised my dogs I would bring them to the horse park for a walk and to watch the Pony Jumper class at Pony Finals, but wet dog smell is not my favorite. I probably will end up bringing them, otherwise I would be sitting at home watching the Olympics.

I love watching the Olympics but they never show the Equestrian events during primetime. And I am enjoying swimming and gymnastics like I never have, I am even a huge fan of Michael Phelps now, but I can only take so much! It is pretty bad when you start to recognize athletes on sight but you had never heard of them before four days ago. I would love to see Shawn Johnson win All Round Gold though. Tough decision.

Even though NBC is not showing the Equestrian part of the Olympics on TV (besides cable channels I don't get) they do have a live feed on the internet, www.nbcolympics.com. Through this I have been able to see all of the three discplines in mostly real time. Tomorrow starts the Jumping!!!!

Eventing and Dressage have been pretty exciting. USA didn't get a Team medal but Gina Miles got the silver in the individual. In Dressage we were fourth, and there are two more days of competition to see if we recieve an individual medal. I sure hope so!

Well I am off to go play in the rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment